Actor John Abraham recently shared how several OTT platforms rejected his film The Diplomat. In an interview with Pinkvilla, John said that many streaming services “didn’t find it great” and decided not to take the film.
He explained that studios often try to reduce risk by offering films to OTT platforms before release. But in this case, John revealed, “Some OTT channels rejected The Diplomat; they threw it out.”
Despite this, the film performed well and surprised many people. John said, “We proved the studio wrong, the OTTs wrong, and everyone wrong. The best thing is that people expected nothing, but the film went straight from zero to a 10.”
He also shared that audiences have praised the movie, with some even calling it one of the best films in years.
The Diplomat is based on real events and stars John Abraham as diplomat JP Singh. Directed by Shivam Nair, the film also features Sadia Khateeb. It is produced by John’s company JA Entertainment along with T-Series and others. The movie released in theatres on March 14 and has earned ₹19.10 crore so far.
#JohnAbraham #TheDiplomat #OTTRejection #BollywoodNews #HitFilm #ShivamNair #MovieSuccess #CinemaUpdate
Apple TV+ has finally made its way to India in a bigger way! The streaming…
Janhvi Kapoor, daughter of Bollywood legend Sridevi, was the showstopper at Rahul Mishra’s Lakmé Fashion…
2025 has been an exciting year with many star kids making their Bollywood debut. Raveena…
Actors Fawad Khan and Vaani Kapoor are set to star in the upcoming film Abir…
Filmmaker Sudhir Mishra has shared his thoughts on the unexpected success of the Netflix show…
Stuck in a TV show rut? This week, fresh releases are here to spice up…